Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What Dairy Free milk is best?

Dairy is the first food allergy that I discovered.  So...I have a lot of years of experience with dairy free milk.  And I can tell you over the years I have used different products.  I used to use Soy milk because it had more protein than the other dairy free milks.  I eventually acquired the taste for soy milk.  But if you have a Soy intolerance or allergy like I do, this is not a good option.  

I can also say that it is a personal preference on taste.  I personally Love So Delicious Coconut Milk.  I have discovered that Brand DOES matter when it comes to dairy free milk.  But again let me emphasize it is a matter of personal taste.  Where as I believe So Delicious Coconut Milk is the best, One of my sister's believes that Silk Coconut Milk is the best.  I have yet another sister who thinks that Blue Diamond Almond Milk is the best dairy free milk.  I even have friends who swear by Hemp milk. 

So...My recommendation is keep a journal of the dairy free milks you have tried and which ones you liked and which you did not.  And if you try one and don't like it, don't give up try another brand or another type.  There are So many choices, Soy, Rice, Coconut, Oat, Hemp, Almond, Hazelnut, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment