Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sarah's loaded butterscotch brownies

This is one of my all time favorite recipes.  Not only is it delicious it is incredibly quick and easy to make!  I vary what I put in it... Sometimes I make it plain with no nuts and no coconut-Sometimes with just nuts, but if I have coconut and nuts I usually add them (unless baking for people with nut allergies). my daughter wanted me to add chocolate chips to the recipe-it would be probably be good with them also (I guess I know why I add chocolate chips to so many of my recipes!!!).

1/4 Cup Oil
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 egg
3/4 Cup Gluten Free Flour Blend #1 or #2
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut (optional)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a square pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
  2. Mix oil, egg and sugar.  
  3. In a small bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking powder 
  4. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients.
  5. Add coconut and nuts.
  6. Spread out evenly in the bottom of square pan.  
  7. Bake 25 minutes.  Cut brownies immediately.  Wait at least 5-10 minutes to eat them.  they will get chewy as they begin to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment